Monday 30 April 2007

A Day Trip to London

My 16-year-old daughter, with her dance school, performed at Her Majesty's Theatre in London's West End last night. Trevor and I were part of a coach load of supporters and we spent the day in London before seeing the evening show.

Here's me hanging around outside Buckingham Palace. We had hoped that the Queen would invite us in for tea and cucumber sandwiches, but she was out with her corgis. The weather was glorious - phew! - that guard must have sweated buckets.


Later we sat and watched a Sikh festival in Trafalgar Square. Note the statue of Alison Lapper in the distance.


Alisan Lapper was born without arms and shortened legs. Click here to enter her website. She is my ex-husband's girlfriend's sister, though I've never met Alison.


Hey, what perfect timing!!! This London bus drove past just as Trevor and I were having our pic taken.


We met up with an old friend of mine, Dee, who is a professional, very talented actress and wonderful singer. We worked together once in a production of 'Aladdin' a hundred years ago. She was the Slave of the Ring and I was So Shy, handmaiden to the Princess Jasmine. Those were the days ......

Note the poster of Dame Maggie Smith in the background - it is an advert for 'The Lady From Dubuque'

My daughter's show was fantastic and I left London a very proud mum.....

No comments: