Monday 10 July 2017

Vascular Dementia: The Journey

Sorry to sound so negative but I'm starting to think that the 'end is nigh' with my poor old Dad. Well, the 'nigh' might not be too far away anyway.

In addition to his Vascular Dementia and Alzheimer's, as mentioned in previous posts, this year Dad has survived pneumonia, a mild stroke and heart surgery. He's been back in hospital today with 'poor kidney function' and an 'enlarged prostate'. Well that explains his needing the loo every half hour. He had over a litre of urine drained from his body. He's suffering, and Mom is falling apart at the seams.

There is a programme on BBC1 at 10.45 pm tomorrow called 'My Granddad, Dementia & Me'
It may be uncomfortable viewing but I'm interested in watching it. It's about a young man following his 79-year-old Grandad's journey into Vascular Dementia. Let's see how this compare's with my 89-year-old dad's journey.

No comments: