Thursday 25 October 2007

TGIF (well nearly)


I realise, with dismay, that I seem to have lost my passion for blogging. I hope that it is only a temporary condition. A year ago, I used to post mindless stuff frequently, but now I only feel the urge to post mindless stuff once in a blue moon. Possibly it is because Facebook has taken over my entire social life. Help, is there such a thing as Sweet FA (Facebook Anonymous) ? I want to sign up immediately!

Right, what's been happening this week? Well, today was rather good if truth be told. Trevor and I provided a 'TRUST ME I'M A PATIENT' workshop at the Barking and Dagenham Primary Care Trust (East London). No doubt you are dying to know all about our workshops. Probably not, but I'll tell you anyway. The workshop is designed to help people within the NHS to deal with change and to look at it from another perspective. It involves roleplay and delegates of our workshop are presented with a scenario and given characters to play, ie. patients, doctors, receptionists, nurses, finance directors, chief executives, councillors, dentists, pharmacists... oh the list goes on.

Providing the 'acting' element to the workshop, I get the ball rolling by playing a disgrunted GP Practice Receptionist, followed by an 85-year-old patient and then an arrogant GP. I am always on stand-by to play any one of the 120 characters that we have created, in case our delegates are a little shy to role-play.

Today's workshop was as smooth as a Swish curtain rail; every delegate gave a good performance and hopefully learnt something. Trevor was brilliant, as always, as the facilitator of the event.

........and now something completely different. Have you seen the film, "Arsenic and Old Lace" filmed in 1941 and starring Cary Grant? I watched it on Sky the other day and howled at Cary Grant's comic part. Loved it!

2 comments:

Steve said...

I know what you mean about the desire to blog occasionally waning... Initially I was coming up with loads of ideas each day (such a glut of rubbish) but now I've noticed that productivity has dropped off a little. I like to think it's because I'm a little more discerning in what I write about now - though I freely admit it is perfectly possible to write yourself out and to need a little break every now and then.

Your workshops sound fascinating... do you ever bring a "Whose Line..." element into them?

Annie G said...

Thanks Steve. Yes, you are right about needing a break, to recharge those creative batteries.

No! I've never considered a "Whose Line..." element - what a brilliant idea! Cheers :-)